Monday, January 4, 2010

Oops!

Well, this doesn't come as a big shock, but I have already broken one of my New Year's resolutions and cheated on my fabric diet. (I am happy to report the other resolution is going quite well, with workouts everyday no wine and lots healthy eating) I really was trying to be a good girl but the vortex which is my LQS pulled me in yesterday and when I saw a bolt of EVERY print of the new Little Folks voile by Anna Maria Horner, I just had to buy some. OK $120 worth, eek.
For all of you hesitant to buy some because it is not regular quilting cotton, have no fear. This stuff is like butter on a baby's bottom. It is lighter weight but the texture is heavenly and it sews up lovely. With every line that Anna Maria designs, I fall more and more in love. And this particular line is perfect for baby things with its soft color palette, yet still manages not to come off as "baby-ish", which I detest.
So when I got news that my good friend was in labor with her first little daughter, I whipped up this sweet little blanket, using the "sugar cookie" palette and backed with some super soft ivory minkee. I really hate sewing with minkee, but it is the best for baby blankets, so I just deal. The blanket has already been gifted to the sweet new baby Ella, and mom and daughter are doing great. In fact, she was born with only one half hour of pushing and mom is already up and walking around so don't think I am a bad person when I say I am a bit jealous of that easy delivery!
I have a little quilt for Lucia already in the works also using some of the "moonlight" palette. I am just loving this stuff, can you tell?
Well, I hope you are all having a great year so far. I will be back soon with a sneak of my FMF quilt. It has been put on the back burner for awhile with the holidays and the making of my mom's Garden Party quilt, but I have now vowed to finish it by the end of next week.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to your friend on the birth of her daughter! My good friend also had a little girl today!! Very cool
    Jaclyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. the blanket looks really pretty! perfect for a little girl. :) Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's absolutely beautiful! Lately I've felt strongly tempted to redecorate my entire house in Good/Little Folks...

    ReplyDelete