Sunday, August 1, 2010

Two Years ago today......


282030050406_0_ALB, originally uploaded by Lucy & Norman.

I was lucky enough to get this man to marry me.

It was love at first sight for me. I don't consider myself clairvoyant in any way, shape or form, but something told me that day that he was the one for me. Months later we met again, and when my friend's car was broken into and both of our handbags inside stolen, he taped up her window and took us out to dinner. I went home that night even more smitten but depressed with haven the contents of my life taken and convinced that Mark was interested in my friend, who is one of those model-gorgeous girls with a perfect figure that all men gravitate toward.
Upon waking the next dismal morning and retrieving my voicemail, there he was, asking me to dinner. Suddenly everything turned around! We went out that night and never separated since. He never fails to amaze me with his generosity, hard work and dedication. And he's pretty cute, too. Not to mention a wonderful father. 

Happy Anniversary Mark, I love you more every day.


20 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I hope your day is full of love and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, what a great story! Congrats! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect love story, Have a wonderul Day Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww this is SO sweet...I felt the exact same way the first time I met my husband too - I just knew....Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely love story :) Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww, lovely, happy anniversary.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Great post. I wish I could've met Mark in Portland. Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a wonderful anniversary! what a sweet story you two have, I adore a good love story! I think being married is the greatest adventure (along with having children) that I will ever experience in my lifetime...and love hearing other people talk about their marriages who obviously are just as happy to be married as i am.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet! I love hearing love stories! Congratulations on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations on your anniversary Megan!
    p.s. I brought my husband in and showed him your header and asked if he recognized it. He did! I absolutely love that pillow you sent. (and I'm still amazed you sewed them together by hand and then gave it away!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated Anniversary! So blessed to hear a wonderful love story & that you are so happy together! Marriage is definitely a worthwhile adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! We will celebrate 25 years in November! Fun Fun! Do you by chance have anymore Anna Maria Horner Bohemian left for sale? I am a new quilter and missed this line the first time around and love the color scheme! Thanks, erin

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet story of how you met! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete